This is one of my favourite quick and easy recipes. I was first made a chicken version of this with rice but it goes so well with gnocchi that I had to share! This recipe uses long-life and store-cupboard ingredients so is a great one to have up your sleeve for a midweek dinner.
- Tenderstem broccoli
- Pack of gnocchi (dry or fresh, enough for two people)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp red pesto
- Splash single cream
- A little cheddar, grated
- Toss broccoli with a little olive oil and the garlic and fry on a medium heat until cooked through and beginning to char.
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and simmer the gnocchi until it begins to float to the surface (around 2-4 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Lower the heat on the broccoli pan and add the red pesto and cream, stirring in enough cream to make a sauce without diluting the colour of the pesto too much (roughly 150ml, although you may want more).
- Tip in the gnocchi, season generously and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Spoon into two bowls and top with as much cheese at your heart desires (or can take).
Use free-from red pesto (Tesco’s own-brand free-from is good!), Alpro’s single soya cream and vegan cheese for a dairy-free delight!