This is quite possibly my favourite meal to make myself when I’m alone. The ingredients are never the same and they aren’t particularly conventional pairings but something about this combination of salty and sweet flavours really gets me…
- Big sweet potato!
- Steamed kale or wilted spinach
- Garlic granules
- Butter or vegan spread
- Basil tofu, cubed (or any flavoured tofus, I love the taifun ones!)
- Roasted cherry tomatoes (the yellow ones feel so glamorous…)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Heat oven to 200C. Prick sweet potato all over and microwave for 5-7 mins. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30-45 mins, depending on the size of the potato.
- Steam or wilt leafy greens with garlic.
- Just before the sweet potato is ready, put the tomatoes in the oven for about 7 mins or until just about to burst and skins splitting.
- In a small bowl mix tahini with 1-2 tbsp water, seasoning and garlic until of a drizzle-able consistency.
- Remove potato from the oven and cut in half. Slather in butter or vegan spread and mash lightly with a fork. Top with wilted greens, tofu and tomatoes before drizzling with tahini sauce.